|all myths..... real results....
||[Feb. 10th, 2005|11:52 pm]
this journal is dedicated to myth busters.... i have watched 5 of them all with about 3 myths.... so here are a few myths that are true or BUSTED!!!
1)dropping a hammer from a drop of 200 feet into a body of water will break the seal of water and allow you to fall withought serious damage..
- it will reduce the amount of G's by 5-10 but that is nowhere near enouph to save your life because the fall is too great. Myth BUSTED!!!
2) it is possible for someone to be buried alive and still be living when they are exumed a few days/weeks later.
- in newer coffins being burried almost 5 feet under the casket starts to buckle under the stress and all the air in your coffin will pose you to survive for 3 hours before there is a dangerous amount of carbon dioxide.. Myth BUSTED!!
3) the proporties of cola it can A) clean chrome bumpers TRUE
B) dissolve a steak BUSTED
C) dissolve a tooth BUSTED (turns it a gross color)
D) clean blood semi-TRUE (cleaned it alright but not spectacular)
E) clean a penny TRUE
F) Clean an engine BUSTED
4)Myth.. a man pulling up 500 pounds of bricks in a bucket slips the bucket falls shooting the man in the air the bucket breaks all the bricks fall out the man is now heavier than the barrel so the man falls down lets go of the rope and the bucket falls on his head but he does not die
- this is possible if the bucket is very week but the man will die under the force of the bucket and the initial fall
5) Myth A man urinates on an electric rail and gets shocked killing him...
- BUSTED. he would have to be urinating 3 inches from the electic rail and he would have to be no wearing shoes and have the ground benieth him wet
6) MYTH.. wallets made of eel skin can wipe out credit cards becuase the leather was made from an electic eel
- BUSTED.. it would require a charge of 1000 gauss to wipe out a credit card... nothing produces that much not even a electic eel
7) a small hole in a airplane at high altitues can cause an explosion decompression sucking eveything out the plane
- BUSTED.... nothing will happen the hole has to be at least 2 feet in diameter to thow anything out but there will be no sucking ouit as shown in the movies
8) if a steal cable is tied to the rear axil of a car and a telephone plole the rear axil will get ripped off
- BUSTED.... not possible the axil will have to be weakend 90 percent of the way and the car would have to be on a ramp to take the whole axil off
9) MYTH... a man blown a fuse in his truck and he put a bullet into the fuse box and the bullet exploded and shot him in hte testecles....
- true.... if the car were to have a short the bullet would fire.... at the man's package
10) Myth... lightning stikes a person with body piercings before a normal person....
- busted... the only way this would happen is if the person had a large amounts of large piercings...tounge rings have no effect on the persons conductivitiy or resistance to lightning
11)this tribe made a cannon out of a tree overnight and used it in a battle and it exploded taking out there army....
- BUSTED this cannot be made in one day with medievil tools.... the only way it would explode is if the people used 5 pounds of gunpowder
12) using various idems can fool a beathalizer test...
- BUSTED... you can't fool it no matter what
13) a car which someone dies in and began to rot will retain the smell in the car and it will not be able to sell it
- it will retain the smell but people still bought it for parts
14) MYTH a man crawls down a 3 foot wide drainage pipe chasing a racoon and with his can of gas lights a match and get rocketed out of the tube landing 200 feet...
- BUSTED you would need a 1000 pound charge and foam around him to cause a rocket effect..
15) the people escape from " THE ROCK " and landed to the land safley
- TRUE they landed on land safely
16) ducks quack do not echo
- BUSTED they in fact do but the echo sounds exacly like the ducks quack
thats about it....hope you enjoy